[WikiEN-l] SPUI requesting unblock

SPUI drspui at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:53:10 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller wrote:
> On 6/30/06, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I created it to see what would happen if I kept increasing the font
>>size. I kept it around because I found it amusing.
>

> The moment something outside the encyclopedia space which you merely
> find amusing becomes disruptive and annoying to other editors, there's
> little justification to keep it around. Certainly disk space is not
> one. You could have demonstrated maturity and blanked the page
> yourself. Instead you reverted the MFD notice, put a big "jajaja" text
> on your user page, and commented on MFD itself: "If it crashes
> Firefox, maybe you should use a non-broken browser. "

Most of it was commented out on my user page - I don't think any
browsers that crash on the full one will crash on this. If I am wrong, I
will gladly comment out more, as I don't wish to have a user page that
crashes browsers.

An orphaned subpage is a different issue entirely.

> Don't get me wrong. It is legitimate to experiment and try to
> determine whether there are HTML instructions that might crash or
> freeze common browsers. This should be done in a subpage clearly
> designated for that purpose, such as [[/Browser crash test]]. If you
> then can reproduce certain behavior, you can report a bug -- either
> for the browser, or for MediaWiki to filter these instructions.

Given that I didn't intend it as a browser crash test, that would not
have been a possible name.