[WikiEN-l] SPUI requesting unblock

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 10:42:43 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't get me wrong. It is legitimate to experiment and try to
> determine whether there are HTML instructions that might crash or
> freeze common browsers.

Preferably, *not* on Wikipedia itself, though.  "Wikipedia is not a
web host" applies quite strongly here, and it's quite easy to set up a
MediaWiki instance where you can play a crashing browsers and whatnot.
While the tester may not mean harm, a local (and hence transcludable)
page on English Wikipedia that caused problems for browsers would be a
gift to any alert vandals.