[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 20:32:17 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have already deleted or blanked pages that the subjects haven't
> wanted,

Which cases are you thinking about? I'm aware of the [[Brian Peppers]]
case, which was a Jimbo Wales decision and which concerned basic
matters of human dignity. Other cases of actual articles being deleted
because of the subject's complaints would be interesting to document,
so we can try to establish reasonable and consistent policy in those
matters.

I think in cases of borderline notability, the subject's desire not to
be included should indeed be factored into a decision. But I already
found Brandt pretty clearly notable before this whole mess (I have
been aware of his websites, NameBase and Google Watch, and some of his
other online activities for some time), and even more so now that his
latest crusade has received international press coverage. IMHO his
case is not borderline, and deleting the article now would establish
the wrong principle.

Erik