[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Thu Jun 1 21:46:08 UTC 2006

On Jun 1, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Delirium wrote:
> I can't say I myself see much problem with people saying on their
> userpages what their religious beliefs are.
This is a semi-straw man argument.  Userbox templates *ARE NOT ONLY ON
USER PAGES*.  If they were, the conflict (while possibly still present)
would be vastly reduced.  Userbox templates are a number of other
places as well as being on userpages.  Specifically, they are 1) In
Template space. 2) In subpages of Wikipedia:Userboxes.  I look forward
to your thoughts on the degree of problems (or lack of such) of having
people say what their religious beliefs are in the two places I
mentioned.  Thanks!

Jesse Weinstein