[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 30, Issue 109

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:05:04 UTC 2006

> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:55:28 -0000 (GMT)
> From: Haukur ?orgeirsson <haukurth at hi.is>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: How to bring back people who don't want to
>         bother?
> To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>
> (This discussion is on
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changes_in_immigrant_groups_extended_family_positions
> )
>
> > Actually I don't think the topic is at all appropriate for an
> > encyclopedia.  It'd make a good essay, but I seriously doubt you'd see
> > such a title (or indeed any which start out "Changes in...") in, for
> > example, Britannica.  For Wikipedia sometimes we get strange article
> > titles like this for what is really a subpage of another article, but
> > that doesn't seem to be the case here.
>
> Nevertheless it would be possible to write a well-referenced article on
> this topic in encyclopedic style and if we had such an article it would be
> kept if brought up for AfD.
>

> >> How would you recommend we proceed?
( ....)
> Thanks for taking a look!
>
> Regards,
> Haukur

That entry should and must be deleted. It doens't exclude the
possibility of getting a new worthy entry  later if the topic is
deemed useful

Likewise on the hoaxes. They should be gone, but that doens't exclude
the possiblity of someone recreatgn the entry with good content.

The problem with AFD is that most people don't seem to understand that
it doens't forbid you recreating the entry under a different and
imprived version. Afd is NOT final. It judges the entry that currently
exists, not entries that will exist at some point.

-- User:Drini