[WikiEN-l] Merry Christmas from Daniel Brandt

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 07:33:03 UTC 2005

On 12/26/05, Rob <gamaliel8 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Brandt dug up an old webpage of mine, one which I
> assumed had been deleted by my alma mater.  I
> remembered the password and removed the pictures of
> myself and any personal information, and added a link
> to Google-Watch-Watch.  I guess that pissed him off,
> so now instead of linking to the page, Brandt has
> posted a copy of my page (prior to alterations) and
> the pictures on his own website. Advice on how to
> handle this would be much appreciated. Obviously this
> is a blantant copyright violation but I'm not sure
> what to do about this.

In theory see a lawer who will chrage you to send warning letters.

> It doesn't bother me that Brandt knows my name or my
> face, as I've never been particularly careful about
> protecting my identity.  My concern is: where does it
> end?  What's next?  My address?  My place of
> employment?  Google maps and satellite pics of my
> house?  My credit report?  He's already got the names
> of the *children* of another Wikipedian on his
> hitlist.

Children who appear top be in europe no less. Unfortunetly I suspect
that he has no assets on that side of the atlantic.

> "Ignore him" and "do nothing" are not options.  While
> the "No, I'm Spartacus!" volunteering of personal
> information to Brandt is a heartening display of
> solidarity, it's not a sufficient response.  I
> understand that there is a limit to what WP can do
> outside its own cyberborders, and I understand that I
> bear some responsibility for pissing off the wrong
> internet nutcase, but we as a community must come up
> with some sort of response to this type of harrassment
> or we're going to lose good people whose only "crime"
> is to edit an encyclopedia article in good faith.

Brandt isn't the only member of the board of Public Information
Research. If we could contact the others we might be able to atchive
something. The website is registered in their name.
http://www.namebase.org/staffbl.html

--
geni