[WikiEN-l] Improve AFD - require rationales (2-step process)

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 20:37:39 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of the poisonous feelings on AFD seems to come from sheep voting
> and people voting without providing rationales. Perhaps we should
> improve the debate-percentage and require people to provide
> rationales.
>
> I suggest a two step process:
> 1) The first 24 or 48 hours people submit rationales for or against deletion.
> 2) After that people can vote on which of these they support.
> Similar to a finding of the facts.

Sort of.  But you don't need a reason to keep an article.  We keep an
article unless there is a consensus to delete it.  Of course it would
be silly not to submit rationales for keeping if one has to compete
with rationales to delete, but really it's a bit like criminal law.
If the prosecution fails to present a case, the defence can spend all
day on Blackpool Beach with a bucket and spade and a knotted hanky on
its head, and the defendant is still acquitted.