[WikiEN-l] Improve AFD - require rationales (2-step process)

Blackcap snoutwood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 03:15:23 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of the poisonous feelings on AFD seems to come from sheep voting
> and people voting without providing rationales. Perhaps we should
> improve the debate-percentage and require people to provide
> rationales.

One of the things that's often bothered me is people voting, not without
reasons, but with illogical/irrelevant reasons and knowing that they're
still being counted as a "delete" or "keep" vote (e.g. the notorious RFA
vote which said, "I oppose because I don't like X who supported"). That
one's more frustrating to me that anything else: the voter's immunity to
reason. "My vote's just as good as yours and I refuse to change it,
regardless to any decent information you may put forth."

Blackcap