[WikiEN-l] An actual RC patrol? (was Openness is a means to an end. Nothing more)

Andrew Venier avenier at venier.net
Thu Dec 1 18:02:27 UTC 2005

Justin Cormack wrote:
> Just queue new articles so they have to go via an admin before
> joining the main namespace (they can sit in New: before that).

Just to clarify, are you talking about New Pages or Recent Changes?  (I
think the discussion started as RC, and moved to NP).

The practical problem I see with this scheme (which is worse for RC) is
that any edits started between one user's submission and admin approval
will amount to edit conflicts.

There are a number of ways such conflicts could be managed, but then the
system stops being so simple.