[WikiEN-l] An actual RC patrol? (was Openness is a means to an end. Nothing more)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:19:55 UTC 2005

> geni wrote:
> >On 12/1/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> (better RC patrol features, trust networks to filter RC and watchlists,
> >> article validation, etc).
>
> >RC patrol is reaching it's pratical limit. I'm seeing more vandalism
> >on my watchlist and no matter how good the people doing it there is
> >simply no way for them to know if a large percentage of it is true or
> >not
>

> Would it be an idea to make RC patrol organised, i.e. people (admins
> or not) sign on for shifts, checking all edits in a given block of
> time? Two patrollers for each time period should be enough, three or
> four for evenings US time. You do RC patrol - would something like
> this make sense?

If it were posible it would probably have some utility if only to give
us some idea of the amount of rescoures we have availible.

> (I don't know how long the time periods would be - an hour? 30
> minutes? 10 minutes?)

10 minutes. Those who can go longer are free to sign up back to back.
those of us who tend to get disstracted by seeing things we can fix
can still make a contribution

--
geni