[WikiEN-l] Rambot the User_talk: Spambot

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:46:17 UTC 2004

Ambi said:

>Equally, there isn't any consensus against this. I received his
>message; I didn't mind at all.
>
>If it does become a problem, then it may be wise to act then - but I
>don't think there is one at the moment. Ram-Man's proposal wasn't
>unreasonable, and due to the number of people it needed to reach (i.e.
>far more than the usual 100 people that vote on most polls), it wasn't
>necessarily a bad idea to choose talk pages over a post on the Village
>Pump or equivalent.
>
>Frankly, unless this sort of thing becomes a regular occurrence, I
>don't see any need for action at all.

I think there might need to be some sort of policy developed around this.
Recently User:Ta bu shi da yu was blocked (albeit briefly) for "spamming"
User talk: pages of admins with a question.  More seriously, User:IZAK was
taken to arbitration for, in part, "spamming" a much smaller number of User
talk: pages on issues of interest to him (and presumably, to the people he
"spammed" as well).

Jay.