[WikiEN-l] Rambot the User_talk: Spambot

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:11:17 UTC 2004

G'day y'all

On IRC we have been discussing the probs of trying to announce
important messages (like for example 'vote in the arbcom elections' or
'consider dual licensing your contributions' etc.). Now one road is
spam which is great fun (*cough*) Now i came up with two other
possible solutions which i have already floated on IRC.

One) A template that could be put on any user/user talk page (since
most users -i think- visit one or the other reasonably frequently)
which would have a list of important votes, polls, requests, etc.
perhaps three at a time, with no more than two line discriptions, and
no more than one new one added per day? or whatever....

Two) a spam catogry (again on a user talk page), that says that you
will accept spam (obviuosly not commercial spam, just relevant spam).

These two could even be combined by having two different identicle
announcement templates one of which adds the spam catogary and one
which doesnt.

Now the reason that i think this is necessary is that there are A LOT
of people who never go on IRC, or read this list, and only very rarely
visit the VP.

So what do people think, yay or nay... (oh, and another thing, i have
no friggin' idea how to make a template... so if the answer is yay
could someone umm.... lend me a hand or two, thanks.)

paz y amor,
[[User:The bellman]]

--
hit me: robin.shannon.id.au
jab me: saudade at jabber.zim.net.au

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Recombo Plus License. To view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/