[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] The Wikimania of my dreams

Juan David Ruiz zuirdj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:56:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Delphine Ménard <notafishz en gmail.com> wrote:
> I woudl like to dedicate this thread to the Wikimania of your dreams.
>
> No argument, no debate, just ideas, a giant brainstorming of what the
> Wikimania of your dreams would be. Please throw your stuff in, and try
> to make it only positive things (ie.write  "something that's green"
> rather than "something that's not blue or red".)
>

> here is the Wikimania of my dreams:
>
> -It would be in a city easy to reach, with a big airport and cheap
> flights incoming because it's a huge hub, or it would be next door
> (Frankfurt airport ;-) )
> - It would be in a top-notch conference facility, with tons of plugs
> everywhere, air conditionned if needed, modular conference rooms, all
> in one place and close to the accommodation building (a mix of
> Cambridge, Alexandria for the conference facility, Taipei and
> Frankfurt for access).
> - It would have a great outdoor and indoor community area, with wifi
> that works all the time, with comfy couches as well as ground mats for
> the yoga-types, with coffee, cookies, juices and fresh water available
> at all times. (a mix of Frankfurt and Taipei)
> - It would have all the accommodation in one place, close to the
> conference grounds, or even actually _on_ the conference grounds, and
> it would be cheap but practical, clean and modern accommodation, with
> different possibilities - share a room, not share a room, share a dorm
> etc. (a mix of Frankfurt and Taipei)
> -It would have an amazing range of food for lunches, which would be
> served in a big room where annoucements and meetings can take place (a
> mix of Taipei and Cambridge).
> - It would take place in a really "wow" place so that we get speakers
> to *want to come* to speak (Harvard or Bibliotheca Alexandrina)
> - It would be close to sightseeing stuff for social evenings as
> "discovery trips".
> - It would have an amazing party location and an amazing party with
> dancers with rotating hat-thingies (just like Alexandria!)
> - It would host up to 500 people, not more, so I can get to meet
> almost all of them. :-)
> - And finally, to steal Sj's idea, it would have a giant rotating
> Wikipedia globe that people could get into and make roll around like a
> hamster wheel, just for the fun of it.

This is really a great and helpful thread!

As many times mailing lists threads die a few days after its creation,
would be very productive for the WM 2009 organization team to have
this ideas compiled, so please add your ideas to the Wikimanía 2009
wiki:

http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_Wikimania_of_my_dreams

--
Juan David Ruiz