[Foundation-l] Reporting & communicatio

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 10:18:03 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Domas Mituzas wrote:
> >>So we expect you remember other present and important issues clearly,
> >>including the informally proposed Houserule for Wikimania?
> >

> > I'm rebellious, surely not following that one. :)
>
> I missed a step. What is this Houserule ?

ah it's a joke. Danny proposed "R35 for alchol" and  certain people
like our Lithuanian friend don't like it.

> As for hardware purchase reports, they have never been as clear as
> today, since precise purchases are detailed and voted in a resolution.
> They may all be found on the wikimediafoundation site. Now, just a
> thought : if you are a visitor not familiar with this website, I wish
> you good luck to find the resolutions :-) They are very much hidden. It
> would be nice that someone helps to make them more visible. Perhaps even
> putting a [[resolutions]] link in the toolbar.

Toolbar is one of improvement needed things definitely. It can be
optimized through MediaWiki:Sidebar only for sysop.

Other potential addition is "policies" -> Privacy policy & Visual
guideline. The latter is hardly found too, I'm afraid.

It is fine to know the Board gets reports steadly. As the nect step,
would the Board be interested in re-releasing some of those reports to
the Foundation wiki or passing to Comcom as potential materials to the
foundation wiki? Since 1) it is suggested some of those reports might
contain things not suitable to be in public, 2) those reports haven't
been passed to Comcom [even by itself, IIRC]. I think we are rather
better to bother the Board in this area.

Delphine permitted me to reuse her reports on early summer European
tour as report from Chapter Com (see my meta talk), but it would be
nicer much newer stuffs could be published.

--
Aphaia
aka