[Foundation-l] Removal of Cherokee Translators from Wikimedia

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Thu Aug 17 22:28:34 UTC 2006

Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

>>Jeff, please don't understand this wrong - we really talked quite some
>>time about that. It was not "just a decision taken because of some kind
>>of a strange mood".
>>
>>Best,
>>
>>Sabine
>>Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale!
>>http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com
>>

>Then why was the name of the translator removed along with the website?
>You removed not only the website, but the name of the translator
>as well (both entries were removed and were unrelated to one another). I
>really could care less if the website is there or not. I get massive
>traffic and search engine scraping on the site and it matters little if
>its listed on your translators page or not.
>
>Do you have an explanation for this as well?
>
>quote:
>
>"...we very much welcome Cherokee translators if they give us a direct contact..."
>
>Jeff

Well, as I said, I really could care less, and since a response does not
appear to be forthcoming to my question, I'll simply plod along and get
back to
my translating work and MediaWiki enhancements. I have a talk page is on
meta and I am placing my **individual** name removed by Aphia
back as a Cherokee translator (Aphia does not respond to any of my
questions on any site and is a non-responsive translation coordinator).
I've enabled notification, and since you have stated I am welcome as a
Cherokee translator as in individual, I'll certainly be available.

Jeff