[Foundation-l] Removal of Cherokee Translators from Wikimedia

Amgine amgine at saewyc.net
Thu Aug 17 22:05:55 UTC 2006

On 17-Aug-06, at 3:28 PM, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> Well, as I said, I really could care less, and since a response
> does not
> appear to be forthcoming to my question, I'll simply plod along and
> get
> back to
> my translating work and MediaWiki enhancements. I have a talk page
> is on
> meta and I am placing my **individual** name removed by Aphia
> back as a Cherokee translator (Aphia does not respond to any of my
> questions on any site and is a non-responsive translation
> coordinator).
> I've enabled notification, and since you have stated I am welcome as a
> Cherokee translator as in individual, I'll certainly be available.
>
> Jeff

Such good-faith assumptions should not go unrewarded. Aphaia is not
in US CDT (-5 UTC); she is in fact in +9 UTC, and may soon be waking
up. Of course I am sure that you're completely opposed to expecting
people who are not in your cultural milieu/timezone/language to
respond promptly and immediately to an ettiquette demand from you,
and that you will retract your caddish insensitive remarks. Unless
you really do want to sound that way, in which case I apologize.

Amgine