[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Dutch chapter - some background and more

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:07:41 UTC 2006

Hoi,
It is a sad situation that a perceived lack of communication gets us
to a state where the long awaited Dutch chapter is even more delayed.
The people who have set up both the "vereniging"  and the "stichting"
have done this to set up an organisation in the Netherlands. To get
there, someone had to do it. Now there is an organisation; people can
become member of the vereniging. It is for the members of the
"vereninging" to choose the board of there organisation. When people
are concerned, all they have to do is become a member go to the
meetings and choose or confirm the members of the board.

When the board of the vereniging and the board of the stiching find
that they do not / can not cooperate, that will be the appropriate
time to discuss with the Wikimedia Foundation how to resolve the
situation.

On the nl.wikipedia many moderators have been confirmed for another
year. Both Oscar and Galwaygirl (the chairman and the secretary of the
vereniging io) have received the trust of the Dutch Wikipedia
community. When some people of the nl.wikipedia community want to
clarify the relation between this project and the Dutch chapter, they
find their answer either in the bylaws of the chapter or in the bylaws
of the project.

Practically, the first "ledenvergadering" has to be convened. This
will be the first time where members of the vereniging can decide on
how to move forward. This will be for the members  of the chapter and
not for the Dutch Wikipedia community to decide. This meeting will be
public.

When people who do not want to become members and are part of a Dutch
project want to discuss the relation with the Dutch and eventually a
Belgian chapter, they can do so in their project and not bother the
rest of the Wiki world.

PS The Dutch chapter is there to be active in the Netherlands. It
wants to do good for any and all projects. It is not and should not be
only about the Dutch Wikipedia.

Thanks,
   GerardM