[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Dutch chapter - some background and more

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:54:57 UTC 2006

2006/4/25, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com>:

> I am available to continue this discussion privately, or with the
> chapters committee where relevant. I do not wish to engage further in
> this debate here, as I believe this is a matter of the Dutch to
> settle, it is they who should come up with a satisfying answer for all
> parties involved, not those of us who don't read Dutch, nor have all
> the facts.

I don't see how the Dutch can settle this now. The Stichting and the
Vereniging both exist. The Stichting is fully controlled by its board,
the Vereniging is fully controlled by its members. The only thing that
now happens is that people complain about the Stichting, and the board
defends it. Some people want a Stichting, some don't. Those who want
it, fully control it. Those who don't have no power over it
whatsoever.

About the only thing that can still be done is the decision about how
the Wikimedia Foundation behaves towards the Vereniging and the
Stichting. I would propose to them to NOT recognize the Stichting as
being in any way associated with the Wikimedia Foundation. The best
place to discuss that kind of thing seems to me to be this list.

One reason for this would be the following statements on the
discussion page of Wikimedia Nederland. RonaldB, the person who so
much wanted the Stichting and is now in its board, agreed with the
statement of an opponent that the purpose of the Stichting really is
not to support Wikipedia, but to use the good name of the Wikimedia
Foundation and the proof of concept of Wikipedia to support other
projects that are NOT Wikimedia projects, but are in line with the
goals of the Wikimedia Foundation, see
http://nl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:De_kroeg#Reactie_Peter_Boelens

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels