[Foundation-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 22:12:46 UTC 2006

2006/4/20, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com>:

> Indefinitely doesn't mean forever.  Indefinite means "we'll lift it
> when it's safe to do so".

So apparently Erik's presence on the Wiki was unsafe?

> If, on the other hand, you want to prevent the Foundation from being
> able to defend itself against legal threats, then by all means take
> away the ability of the Foundation to respond to legal threats.

Was there a legal threat because of Erik's ability to edit articles?
Or be a moderator? I don't think so. I very well believe you if you
say the protecting of the articles was based on a legal threat. But in
that case re-protecting them, with a very short statement that there
are reasons of legal accountability to do so, seems like the way to
go. Not blocking someone who made an honest mistake in their
activities as a moderator.

> People who put themselves into harm's way will get run over from time
> to time. You can safely assume that anything Danny does that appears
> difficult to explain is probably him responding to a legal threat in
> some way, since that's basically all he does anymore.  They are *that*
> frequent.

If it is a legal threat to have Erik as a moderator or editor, that's scary.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels