[Foundation-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 22:04:26 UTC 2006

On 4/19/06, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> I very much rescind this statement. Apparently the Foundation's
> obligations are so important that going against them is ground for
> desysopping and blocking, whereas loyalty to users is not even
> important enough to tell them in advance what actions will lead to an
> indefinite ban. It makes me wonder why on earth I am still cooperating
> with this.

Indefinitely doesn't mean forever.  Indefinite means "we'll lift it
when it's safe to do so".

If, on the other hand, you want to prevent the Foundation from being
able to defend itself against legal threats, then by all means take
away the ability of the Foundation to respond to legal threats.
People who put themselves into harm's way will get run over from time
to time.  You can safely assume that anything Danny does that appears
difficult to explain is probably him responding to a legal threat in
some way, since that's basically all he does anymore.  They are *that*
frequent.

Kelly