[Foundation-l] Stewards are ignoring requests for CheckUser information?

Essjay essjaywiki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 06:14:53 UTC 2006

Robert Scott Horning wrote:
> At least checkuser scans are logged for public review

Uh, no. Unless the software has been modified for some projects, only
users with checkuser permissions can access the checkuser log. The last
time I saw it (it no longer displays automatically each time you load
the page, and I rarely have call to review it, so it's been a few weeks)
it *did* display all checks on all wikis, but not publicly. And it
shouldn't; private information could be worked out from the sequence of
checks run.

Essjay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia