[Foundation-l] Stewards are ignoring requests for CheckUser information?

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Mon Apr 17 15:32:13 UTC 2006

Essjay wrote:

>Robert Scott Horning wrote:
>

>>At least checkuser scans are logged for public review
>>

>Uh, no. Unless the software has been modified for some projects, only
>users with checkuser permissions can access the checkuser log. The last
>time I saw it (it no longer displays automatically each time you load
>the page, and I rarely have call to review it, so it's been a few weeks)
>it *did* display all checks on all wikis, but not publicly. And it
>shouldn't; private information could be worked out from the sequence of
>checks run.
>
>Essjay

But it is available for review by others "outside" of those who are
performing the actions.  And the log is available and *may* be up for
public review again in the future.  My attitude on this is that all
actions of project related activities should be transparent where
possible, and subject to review by 3rd parties.  I know this was
something that was being discussed, and I would like to have some sort
of general activity log of some sort, even just a checkuser scan count
and the last time it was used by the user with checkuser privileges.

--
Robert Scott Horning