[Foundation-l] New Proposal: WikiMemory

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 02:38:17 UTC 2005

--- daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> I like this idea as a repository of knowledge. Oral history is a remarkable
> tool, when used correctly, as it personalizes major events and provides
> insights  into events that would not otherwise be available to researchers.
> Furthermore,  we live in one of the most exciting periods in history, with
> outstanding events  that need recording before the people who witnessed them
> are no longer around to  tell their story.

I'm still not convinced this should be separate from the Wikipeople/Wikimorial
idea (oral histories can be sub-pages off of articles on the individuals giving
the history), but as the official Wikimedia cybersquater, I went ahead and
registered wikimemory.org and hereby give that domain to the foundation (it's
already in the foundation's GoDaddy account so physical transfer is already
complete).

I see that wikimemory.com has already been registered by Marshall Poe. Good.

-- mav