[Foundation-l] The use of digital material

Dori slowpoke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 23:43:09 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> resolved before this actually happens. One thing that is of importance
> to IISG is that the material that they make available, will get a much
> improved exposure to the exposure that it gets through their own
> website. There are several ways in which we can improve exposure; using
> the material in our Wikipedia and other projects is one and localising
> the the Meta data is another way of making this happen. Even when we
> have done the things that improve the exposure, it is important that we
> are able to quantify the usage material has.

I don't like any conditions other than GFDL/GFDL-compatible licensing.
The content is the content on Wikipedia no matter where it came from,
and I don't think they should receive any special treatment.
Additionally, what do we do about reuse? What if we can't turn on
counters due to performance reasons? I don't like shackles added to
the foundation, even if they're made out of paper.

Dori