[Foundation-l] Wikinews is giving out press credentials

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Nov 9 16:13:59 UTC 2005

On 11/9/05, Dariusz Siedlecki <datrio at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2005/11/9, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org>:
> > But maybe I'm wrong. Has anyone accomplished anything by saying "yeah,
> I'm
> > a reporter for some website, you can go to this url and look at a page
> that
> > anyone in the world can edit, and that proves it"?
>
> "Reporters" of pl.wikinews tried it two times. Once during a press
> conference, then trying to get into a place for photographers, to make
> a good photo for the article. We weren't let in, because we had no
> press credentials.

 There also might be an issue wrt privacy and publicity rights, but then
again this might not be a problem for Wikinews since news reporting is
generally an exception.
 But don't news reporters have to identify themselves and their company in
order to be allowed to publish the quotes and/or the photos? Or is this just
a courtesy?
 I don't know anything about this, but maybe someone on here would.

There you go. The point of this email is just to prove that we NEED