[Foundation-l] "officials"

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Sat May 8 08:37:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:25:17AM -0700, Anthere wrote:
> I do not see well how it adresses the general issue
> Tom. Perhaps I did not understand what you meant ?
>
> As for mailing lists, I moderated the french one for a
> year, and I had to delete between 10 to 20 spam per
> day at some point.
>
> Organisation of a press release is totally appropriate
> on the wiki iself. I contributed a lot to the french
> ones and collaborative work was quite successful. The
> second press release was sent to many places, with few
> double sending.
>
> However, when I send the press release to some major
> newspapers, I also received sometimes no answer, and
> once an answer which said "could you get me in contact
> with an official please". The only official I know
> right now is Jimbo. I do not think it is Jimbo's job
> to stamp a press release made by the french wikipedia.
> He has other things to do.
>
> How can a mailing list adress can help in showing this
> journalist (or whoever), that I can be trusted and
> sending a press release that is in line with the
> community opinion of what Wikipedia is ?

Ah I think you misunderstood. Our mailinglist is for those
asking US, not the other round.
For sending out our press releases we have a fluctuating group
of people who just mail them. We maintain a list of recipient[1]
That also works quite good.

[1] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pressemitteilung/Empf%E4nger
--
== Weblinks ==