[Foundation-l] "officials"

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 08:25:17 UTC 2004

I do not see well how it adresses the general issue
Tom. Perhaps I did not understand what you meant ?

As for mailing lists, I moderated the french one for a
year, and I had to delete between 10 to 20 spam per
day at some point.

Organisation of a press release is totally appropriate
on the wiki iself. I contributed a lot to the french
ones and collaborative work was quite successful. The
second press release was sent to many places, with few
double sending.

However, when I send the press release to some major
newspapers, I also received sometimes no answer, and
once an answer which said "could you get me in contact
with an official please". The only official I know
right now is Jimbo. I do not think it is Jimbo's job
to stamp a press release made by the french wikipedia.
He has other things to do.

How can a mailing list adress can help in showing this
journalist (or whoever), that I can be trusted and
sending a press release that is in line with the
community opinion of what Wikipedia is ?

Did you meet the problem ? How did you solve it ?

Anthere