[Foundation-l] Re: Copyright issues...walking on thin ice

Dietrich von Hase hase at akademie.de
Wed Aug 11 16:31:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

>On fr:, we are doing it now.
>http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion_Utilisateur:Tipiac/images
>and the list is getting smaller every minute.
>
>We use the following tags whenever possible:
>{{GFDL}}
>{{DomainePublic}}
>{{FairUse}}
>{{LicenceInconnue}} (unknown)
>
>So later on, we can either clarify or remove the unknown licence images.

If find this a very good approach and advance.

However, I might suggest to additionally offer at least the Creative
Commons license types as further options / choices for a picture
publisher (for images only) in WP.  Its as easy as with Gnu Fdl to link
the license info to the Creative Commons (CC) full text license text of
the CC-Website.

I suggest to consider it, because CC use is growing especially for media
types of content. And CC should therefore be not left out since more and
more picture databases grow under CC which can be used for WP too. And
they should not be put under "LicenseInconnue" (rest of the pack) only
because there is no other option for the CC licenses available.

Dietrich