[Foundation-l] Re: Copyright issues...walking on thin ice

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Wed Aug 11 15:23:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

Le Wednesday 11 August 2004 16:56, mbecker a écrit :
> Well, I'm glad the copyright issues have been cleared up. Thank you
> everyone for your responses. Is any work being done to allow the tagging of
> images as copyrighted or GFDL? I would like to see this happen before we
> have millions of copyrighted images on wikipedia. Otherwise, it could be a
> lot more work trying to find the copyrighted images to tag them. It
> concerns me that some of our free (as in freedom, not beer) content is
> dependent on non-free content. However, if we can draw a clear line between
> copyrighted and GFDL content on the database side of things, I think this
> will help keep the free and non-free content separate, allowing anyone to
> use our free content freely, without a risk of accidentally including
> non-free content.

On fr:, we are doing it now.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion_Utilisateur:Tipiac/images
and the list is getting smaller every minute.

We use the following tags whenever possible:
{{GFDL}}
{{DomainePublic}}
{{FairUse}}
{{LicenceInconnue}} (unknown)

So later on, we can either clarify or remove the unknown licence images.

Yann

--
http://www.non-violence.org/ | Site collaboratif sur la non-violence
http://www.forget-me.net/ | Alternatives sur le Net