[Wikipedia-l] Esperanto sucks

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Fri Oct 24 19:42:20 UTC 2003

If you write in both Esperanto and French,
then I'll understand you better than if
you write in French alone.  More generally,
the more Latin-script languages you write,
the better off I am -- unless you write English
(and even then, only if it's good English),
in which case additional languages add nothing.

Supposing that I am typical except (perhaps)
for my set of fluent languages ({English}),
then I'd avise people to write in as many languages
as they find convenient (barring maybe obscure ones
that are unlikely to find readers on the list).

-- Toby