[Wikipedia-l] Re: Inline linking

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 04:23:06 UTC 2003

From: Luc Van Oostenryck
<luc.vanoostenryck at easynet.be>

Pas de problème pour le delai, mais j'avais compris
qu'il était question que les tous les wikis seraient
modifiées en même temps, mais tous les
wikis ne sont pas prêts en même temps. Désolé si ma
demande était une peu
''rude'', ce n'était pas son intention.

------

C'est juste que j'avais espéré que d'autres wikipedias
profiteraient du "wagon", et éclairciraient leur
politique d'utilisation des images en même temps que
les francophones.

I had just hoped that other wikipedias could benefit
of the "legal" work we had done with Alex, and would
go toward a cleaner image use policy with us.

Since Alex showed us inline linking could lead to
liability issues, since english had proof it could go
with strong vandalism, and since I try to show that
inline linking would be detrimental to the information
we are trying to offer readers and users of the
encyclopedia, I had hoped in my innocence, that
disabling inline linking could be made a global policy
(perhaps with exceptions) on wikipedia.

For this reason, I have several times tried to raise
the topic here, on international list and one meta. It
was meant to be an international work, not something
with just french people in mind. That was why I talk
about it here.

Not just a "french" policy because "french" people had
asked for it. But a global policy because a wikipedian
has suggested it, given arguments for it, and asked
for feedback.

Except for Andre who asked for time to fix the images,
no one opposed this disabling of in line linking. I
think it should be disabled everywhere.