[Wikipedia-l] $6,000 goal reached!

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 02:11:18 UTC 2003

Erik wrote:
>Donations >$50 will be listed on [[Wikipedia:Donations]]
>(to be protected and only edited by admins) with the name
>of the giver, unless the giver requests to remain anonymous.

Uh, the donation is to the Wikimedia Foundation, not just to Wikipedia. So, if
anything it would be a protected page on meta that is displayed at a
WikimediaFoundation.org webpage (possibly updated in near real time by a
script). We could tell people to input "anon" in the "Payment For" PayPal
field if they want their contribution to be anonymous (or use a special
PayPal "Merchant Tools" button).

BTW, under "Reporting Tools" at PayPal
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/reports-products-outside

it would be nice to have a few trusted Wikimedians have access to:
   Downloadable Logs - Keep track of your transaction
   history by downloading it into various file formats
   (suitable for financial settlements)

With those data (only using selected fields and respecting people's wish to be
anonymous if they so choose), we could keep the community up-to-date on
Wikimedia's finances.

Also, any Wikimedia Foundation financial officer would need access to
View Balance
Edit Profile
Cancel Payments
Refunds