[Wikipedia-l] Personal Pages

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Sat Nov 10 21:29:17 UTC 2001

I think we can just leave our personal pages on the main wikipedia for
now.  As for me, I'm going to move my essays out, and turn my main
wikipedia page into a real profile and "scratch space" for people to
talk to me about pages I'm working on, etc.

Stephen Gilbert wrote:

> I'm not sure what the status is on personal Wikipedian pages. I know that
> we're moving personal essays to meta.wikipedia.com, but what about the
> pages themselves? Are we keeping them? If so, where will they be located?
>
> Personally, I would like to see them stay on Wikipedia itself, in the user:
> namespace. However, I think the pages should only be used to provide an
> introduction, to exchange messages, and for encyclopedia writing purposes
> (to do lists, contribution lists, etc). Personal essays and the like should
> go on MetaWikipedia. Anything not related to Wikipedia would go elsewhere,
> like a personal Geocities page.
>
> -- Stephen Gilbert
> [Wikipedia-l]
> To manage your subscription to this list, please go here:

*"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its*
* own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but *
* there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be *
*  pursuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can   *
*  certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." -Jeff Cooper    *