[Wikipedia-l] Personal Pages

Stephen Gilbert sgilbert at nbnet.nb.ca
Sat Nov 10 15:18:56 UTC 2001

I'm not sure what the status is on personal Wikipedian pages. I know that
we're moving personal essays to meta.wikipedia.com, but what about the
pages themselves? Are we keeping them? If so, where will they be located?

Personally, I would like to see them stay on Wikipedia itself, in the user:
namespace. However, I think the pages should only be used to provide an
introduction, to exchange messages, and for encyclopedia writing purposes
(to do lists, contribution lists, etc). Personal essays and the like should
go on MetaWikipedia. Anything not related to Wikipedia would go elsewhere,
like a personal Geocities page.

-- Stephen Gilbert