[Wikimania-l] Volunteer meeting, design thoughts

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 20:33:05 UTC 2006

Greetings,

A quick reminder : there will be a meeting today at 22:00 UTC / 18:00
EST  (in 1+ hours) in #wikimania to discuss  volunteering for
Wikimania and the current open tasks.

One area where we could use more input is in site design : we will
soon be announcing Wikimania to a broad audience, and the site should
be beautiful and informative.
You can see one draft design below (the current text in it is filler,
and busier than the actual main page should be).   Comments and other
design ideas are welcome.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Sandbox/Main_Page_1
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Sandbox/

(With any luck we'll have a conference logo by the time we have a new
main page design worked out :-)

Happy Easter,
    SJ