[Wikimania-l] Culling Speakers, Crafting Sessions

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 23:36:11 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, j Baumgart <jkbaumg at attglobal.net> wrote:

> how to proceed. For my own sanity, I'm trying hard not to shepherd too
> many sessions, panels, workshops, Birds of a Feather, etc.

Wisely :-)   If you're talking to people who might themselves submit a
panel, one of them might take the lead in shepherding the panel (as
phoebe notes, even if not everyone on the panel is known / has yet
accepted).

> Is there a place on the wiki where these potential speakers can say
> what they'd like to talk about and try to connect with other speakers
> and moderators to form panels? I've looked at the Program Ideas page

The Program discussion page is a fine place to work.  If you as are
thinking up potential panels, you might want to list them by topic
under the "Panels" section on the Program .  If a speaker wants to
attend but isn't sure of the subject, they/you might want to list such
speakers under the "Panelists" section.

Cheers, SJ