[WikiEN-l] Kill CSD A7!

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 13 19:59:38 UTC 2006

Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
> I would also suggest that articles that are put to AfD should not be
> speedy deleted. Once thay are there give people a chance to see them and
> comment. Maybe only cut short the closure if there are 20 delete "votes"
> and no keep "votes". I often see a speedy closure of a AfD debate and
> are curious about what was in it.

This is a little too open to gaming for my liking.  A lot of afds which
are closed as speedy actually are speedies, it is usually that the nom
is unaware of the fact.  If we acted as you suggest we would allow a
gaming of the system in which people could delay deletion through adding
an afd tag to an article which desperately should be speedied.  Some
people simply want the article because of driving traffic or playing google.