[WikiEN-l] Kill CSD A7!

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Sun Nov 12 23:56:28 UTC 2006

Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> I think this is a really bad idea. PRODs get put on articles that are
> very new, so few people have probably seen them or got them on their
> watchlist other than the author. It will just make many authors, who have
> their work deleted with no opportunity to debate it, to go ballistic. I
> have yet to have any of my creations PRODed, but if it happened I would
> want to argue why I created it.

Speedies get looked at by, maybe, three people - the author the the
article, the tagger, and the deleting admin.  Prod's get possibly
hundreds of eyes looking at them during prod patrols.

Perhaps not allowing the authors to remove prods might be useful, and a
{{disputedprod}} tag would be very helpful to add to that.

> I would also suggest that articles that are put to AfD should not be
> speedy deleted. Once thay are there give people a chance to see them and
> comment. Maybe only cut short the closure if there are 20 delete "votes"
> and no keep "votes". I often see a speedy closure of a AfD debate and
> are curious about what was in it.

This I wholeheartedly agree with, and I may have proposed to a
resounding silence at one point.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.