[WikiEN-l] Re: Desysopping inactive admins

Phroziac phroziac at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:57:50 UTC 2005

On 9/18/05, Ryan W. (Merovingian) <bigwiki at earthling.net> wrote:
> It's not a bad idea, but I don't see it as necessary unless:
> 1. An inactive account was hacked into.
Being inactive makes you less visible. I think one of the active
admins is MUCH more likely to get hacked. If the "hacker" really knows
anything, they would try to hit the SQL servers, and delete a few
databases... Deleting that much data might even crash the machines,
causing a long fsck to be needed..
Or hack the SQL and make it look like all the admins are vandalizing...

> 2, If the admin in question requests it.
We already desysop you on request, as long as you can prove you're who
you claim to be to a steward.

> --Ryan
--Phroziac