[WikiEN-l] Re: Desysopping inactive admins

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 02:55:14 UTC 2005

On 9/18/05, Ryan W. (Merovingian) <bigwiki at earthling.net> wrote:
> It's not a bad idea, but I don't see it as necessary unless:
>
> 1. An inactive account was hacked into.
> 2, If the admin in question requests it.

Short of going to the backup tape/drive/whatever device in use, isn't
image deletion permanent?  If someone hacked an admin account,
couldn't they delete dozens, or even hundreds of images before being
stopped, especially if they used misleading edit summaries?

Unless ALL admin actions are easily revertable, removal of admin
privileges from inactive accounts seems like an extremely obvious
method of damage prevention to me.

If it's too much work, we shouldn't dodge the work, we should appoint
more bureaucrats until we have more than enough to voluntarily cover
all the duties.

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused