[WikiEN-l] Improper speedy taggings

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:31:13 UTC 2005

The whole of its content was just:

"Matti Häyry is Professor of Bioethics and Philosophy of Law at the
University of Manchester. He studied philosophy and ethics in
Helsinki, Finland, and he is Adjunct Professor of Practical Philosophy
at the University of Helsinki."

Where's the assertion of notability? Being a fellow with a job which
you went to school for is not in itself notable to the world at large,
even if that job is being professor at a prominent university. What
*is* an assertion of notability? Perhaps that's what needs to be
clarified. To me, an assertion of notability would be a statement
about something this fellow has *done*, not the job he happens to
hold. Unless that job is in itself notable, which I suppose is where
you and I probably differ on this (I don't think that being a
professor is in-and-of-itself notable, but that might be because
everyone I spend time around is planning on being a professor
somewhere or another, eventually).

FF