[WikiEN-l] Re: Improper speedy taggings

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Fri Sep 16 16:22:20 UTC 2005

Phroziac wrote:
> Check this halfway decent stub, and the history:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matti_H%C3%A4yry
>
> It was tagged as a speedy, under A7, but there is an assertion of
> notability. We need better wording for the speedy policy page.

We definitely need to place the use of cryptic, unexplained and
ridiculous codes like "CSD A7" under ban penalty. I happen to be lucky
enough to know what "CSD" means because I've been a Wikipedian for long
enough, but this places the contributor at an extremely heavy
disadvantage (and clearly is more than rude), and if not even I knew
what A7 meant (before this example enlightened me) then clearly there is
something majorly lacking in Wikipedians' communication skills repertoire.

What would YOU think if you contributed to some site, and then it said:
"This page meets Wikipedia's criteria for speedy deletion. The given
reason is: CSD A7"?

A better way would be to have a {{csda7}} template which explains what
it means in plain English and non-Wikipedian language. But that's just a
suggestion.

Timwi