[WikiEN-l] Improper speedy taggings

Phroziac phroziac at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:53:17 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, Fastfission <fastfission at gmail.com> wrote:
> The whole of its content was just:
>
> "Matti Häyry is Professor of Bioethics and Philosophy of Law at the
> University of Manchester. He studied philosophy and ethics in
> Helsinki, Finland, and he is Adjunct Professor of Practical Philosophy
> at the University of Helsinki."
>
> Where's the assertion of notability? Being a fellow with a job which
> you went to school for is not in itself notable to the world at large,
> even if that job is being professor at a prominent university. What
> *is* an assertion of notability? Perhaps that's what needs to be
> clarified. To me, an assertion of notability would be a statement
> about something this fellow has *done*, not the job he happens to
> hold. Unless that job is in itself notable, which I suppose is where
> you and I probably differ on this (I don't think that being a
> professor is in-and-of-itself notable, but that might be because
> everyone I spend time around is planning on being a professor
> somewhere or another, eventually).
>
> FF
You have a point, but his notability or lack thereof shouldn't be
decided with speedying. The no assertion of notability thing is for
things like [[Sam Toupin]]. This article is basically about some 15
year old girl who likes DDR.

On 9/16/05, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> A better way would be to have a {{csda7}} template which explains what
> it means in plain English and non-Wikipedian language. But that's just a
> suggestion.

If CSD A7 is what I think it is, that would be {{nn-bio}}.

And, I would much prefer people used {{d}} instead of {{db}} if
they're going to give a cryptic comment like that. Assuming CSD A7 is
what I think it is, that would be {{nn-bio}}