[WikiEN-l] A minor bit of getting the word out (in which no one is blocked, nor accused of stirring trouble)

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 05:11:08 UTC 2005

I was interviewing for graduate assistantships this afternoon and in
the course of discussion mentioned writing articles on Wikipedia
(actually, a few to which I've been the near-sole contributor were in
my portfolio, too). One of the committee seemed very enthusiastic
about it; he asked me about a few topics, including the proposed plans
for article validation, and recommended that the rest of the committee
(five or six others) take a look at the project. (I wasn't quite bold
enough to ask if he had a user account!)

I was pleased (and not a little surprised!) at the generally positive
reaction from the ones who weren't familiar with it. Points scored
there for me and for Wikipedia, I think.

-Kat
[[User:Mindspillage]]

--
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily
escaped the chronicler's mind."  --Douglas Adams