[WikiEN-l] User:Neutrality NPOV/Abuse of Administrator Power

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 09:28:45 UTC 2005

> >From: Andy Roberts
> >On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:36:05 -0500, JAY JG wrote:
> > > Wikipedia has a number of mechanisms for investigating cases of alleged
> > > admin abuse; WikiEN-l is not one of them.
> > >
> >In that case why does the automatic block message suggest that any
> >objection may be directed to this list?
> >
> >" If you believe that our blocking policy was violated, you may
> >discuss the block publicly on the WikiEN-L mailing list"
> >

> >Violating blocking policy is an abuse of admin status is it not?
>
> As I understand it, that is to provide a means for block editors to get the
> attention of other adminstrators, since they are no longer able to post.
>
> Jay.

I was unaware of any listing of admins or their email addresses or who Jimbo was when I was blocked for the first and only time.  I only knew that the block was incorrect, and the email address for this list was the easiest find, because it was referenced in the block process.  There should be a general list like this that a user can be referred to, because like myself, his only experience at communicating with the wiki community may have been talk pages, so he may have felt disenfranchised by the block.  Individual email addresses are not a good first line alternative because who knows how soon they will be checked.

          -- Silverback