[WikiEN-l] Re: User:Neutrality NPOV/Abuse of Administrator Power

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 21:27:48 UTC 2005

Thomas Haws wrote:

>Silverback, you couldn't have said it better about adminship.  If we were more effective at removing admins we could be more generous about installing them.

I have heard this line of argument a few times now from people
advocating some form of quick and easy de-adminship without resorting to
arbitration. In general, I think we already readily give adminship to
those who are nominated, and anyone who has a close call on their first
try will normally pass overwhelmingly after waiting a month or two. I
invite anyone who believes the argument above to point me to a case
where having an easier de-adminship process would have made the
difference in the success of an adminship nomination.

We could be more generous in seeking out candidates and making
nominations, of course, but that's a different matter. There are many
good users out there who are just waiting for a nomination.

--Michael Snow