[WikiEN-l] Re: Evidence as to VFD being unusably big

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:17:10 UTC 2005

csherlock at ljh.com.au wrote:
> Rick wrote:
>> --- David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I just saved [[WP:VFD]] as of a few minutes ago. The
>>> HTML alone is 1,324,734
>>> bytes. The associated files are 28,964 bytes.
>>> Here's one suggestion: make the main VFD page just
>>> links to the day pages,
>>> rather than transcluding every one of them.

>> Nonsense.  I have a dialup connection and have little
>> problem working with the VfD page.
>> RickK

> Really? I have broadband and I have lots of difficulty working with this
> page. Firefox and IE takes ages to render the darned thing.

I've started a discussion here. No vote as yet, I want to see what the
consensus is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Votes_for_deletion#VfD.27s_ridiculous_size:_suggestion

Note that breaking it up into days will not alter the substance of the
VFD process and may allow more people to participate, giving it more
legitimacy.

- d.