[WikiEN-l] Abuse of admin powers by David Gerard and Snowspinner

Nathan J. Yoder njyoder at energon.org
Wed Jul 6 21:33:50 UTC 2005

> When we are faced with a new problem, we do not spend a month or more
> working out a policy and then go to look if the problem is still
> around so we can fix it. Rather, we fix the problem, and if a
> particular style of solution to a particular style of problem becomes
> regular, we might get around to writing a policy page about it, but
> we're more likely to go watch TV.

So in other words, you think admins should have the ability to invent
new policies on the spot.  Why don't you propose a new policy that
allows that and see what kind of response you get?  I doubt you will,
because you'd end up getting a consensus in opposition to it.

Someone commenting and asking questions about why someone blocked is
hardly a 'problem' and doesn't warrant action, it's just plain
censorship of dissenting views.  In fact, I challenge you to propose a
policy to ban people from doing that, but you wouldn't do that either
since you know it'd get rejected as well.

No matter how you look at it, these actions are not in accordance to
any sort of consensus, they're entirely indicative of a bureaucracy.

Nathan J. Yoder
http://www.gummibears.nu/
http://www.gummibears.nu/files/njyoder_pgp.key