[WikiEN-l] Abuse of admin powers by David Gerard and Snowspinner

SPUI drspui at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 21:29:22 UTC 2005

Phil Sandifer wrote:
> I'll decline, but is "willfully misreading claims to construct straw
> man arguments and thus have a position of alleged moral superiority"  in
> the article? Because if not, it really should be.
>
> As for your other complaint, Wikipedia policy pages are descriptive.
> When we are faced with a new problem, we do not spend a month or more
> working out a policy and then go to look if the problem is still  around
> so we can fix it. Rather, we fix the problem, and if a  particular style
> of solution to a particular style of problem becomes  regular, we might
> get around to writing a policy page about it, but  we're more likely to
> go watch TV.

I see no problem here. Someone with the username "Involved in trolling"
made what appear to be good faith edits (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Involved_in_trolling
), and was blocked without an explanation. I'm not bringing this up
because it's against policy but because it doesn't make sense.