[WikiEN-l] Re: Template madness

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 21:08:52 UTC 2005

--- Frank Pinter <francis.pinter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of the templates, for example {{NPOV}}, provide as a warning to
> the reader that "this article has problems, we are working on it" so
> they should be kept on the page. Others, for example {{wikify}} would
> probably be better on the talk page for clutter reasons.

FYI - I've started a guerrilla template code moving campaign for {{expand}}. So
far I've moved about a hundred instances of {{expand}} and {{expansion}} to
talk pages and have left a couple dozen polite messages for the taggers.

As soon as I'm done, I'm going to add a line to [[template:expansion]] that
that template is *only* to be placed on talk pages.

I encourage others to mount similar guerrilla template code moving campaigns on
other semi-permanent meta templates ({{stub}} and its variants is a lost cause
- *way* too many). {{controversial}} is one that is ripe for conquest (I
started on this one some time ago - but never finished). {{wikify}} is also a
valid target, as well as {{cleanup}}.

-- mav